The School is seeking to appoint a receptionist with administrative duties, Tuesday to Friday (8am – 4pm). This role is really valued and important as the post-holder will be communicating with students, staff, parents and visitors to the School, supporting with the administration behind this and events at the School.
- Reception between the hours of 8am and 4pm, Tuesday to Friday.
- Receive guests and visitors, including school Governors.
- Liaise with parents, visitors and members of the public.
- Answer the telephone, taking and prioritising messages.
- Provide general advice and guidance for staff, pupils and others.
- Day to day input of the registers and student information in SIMs.
- Assisting the School Manager in ensuring school and pupil records including the reward system are up to date.
- Administer visitor book, take photos and create badges in line with Health & Safety recommendations.
- Keeping the school’s admissions welcome pack up to date.
- Assist and support the Senior Leadership Team as required.
- Other duties that arise in a school term that can be reasonably expected, as delegated by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Support for the Examinations Officer.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The St Marylebone CE Bridge School provides a high quality
education for pupils aged 11 – 16 with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs), whose primary needs are related to their Speech, Language and Communication.
We are committed to developing our pupils as active, skilled citizens, with strong moral values who contribute positively to life in modern Britain.
Our affiliation with St Marylebone CE School an outstanding mainstream school, enriches our provision and further enables us to serve our pupils.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that meet the demands of interacting with a wide range of individuals.
- General office experience including answering phones, providing a reception service and dealing with a range of administrative tasks at the same time.
- Able to take accurate messages and follow up where necessary.
- Efficient, supportive and helpful.
- High personal standards of performance; takes pride in own work.
- Experience of using the full suite of Microsoft Office programmes and mail merge.
- Well presented: this is a front of house post and the post holder will be expected to dress in line with the School’s Staff Dress Code at all times.
- Positive, professional attitude.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Commitment to the Christian values and ethos of the School.
- Experience of using SIMs or similar database.
- Experience of working in a school and knowledge of school systems and processes.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out an application form available to download from: stmarylebonebridgeschool.com
Completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 29th March
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd April
Start date: Tuesday 23rd April