Art and Design Aims
The art and design curriculum at SMBS aims to:
- Engage pupils and develop an enthusiasm for Art and Design.
- Develop practical skills that assist in the exploring and recording of ideas.
- Explore the world of art and understand the cultural and historic impact
- Develop fine motor skills.
- Develop creativity and practical expertise in an increasingly technological world.
- Develop the correct terminology to critique and evaluate the work of other artists and designers.
- Develop discussion skills in order to be able to express opinions assertively and critique others’ work.
- Learn new skills and creatively problem solve ideas.