The drama curriculum at SMBS aims to:
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of a variety of genres and styles of dramatic performance.
- Support and enable students to develop skills in team and collaborative working.
- Engage pupils through multi-sensory teaching.
- Provide opportunities to perform and explore different types of characters.
- Support and enable students to develop an understanding of themselves and build confidence and self-esteem.
- Support and develop skills in social communication in order to build positive and meaningful friendships.