Food Technology Aims
The food technology curriculum at SMBS aims to:
- Instil a love of cooking.
- Foster and develop pupils’ creativity through cooking
- Equip pupils with the skills and knowledge to feed themselves and others affordably and healthily.
- Develop the confidence and technical expertise to use appliances and equipment in the kitchen safely and effectively.
- Understand the principles of nutrition and healthy eating in order to be able to apply these to their food choices.
- Develop the skills and understanding to critique and evaluate their dishes and those of others.
- Use discussion effectively to enhance learning.
- Increase pupils’ awareness of careers in the food technology industry.