The humanities curriculum at SMBS aims to:
- Spark curiosity and inspire questions on global issues.
- Develop a knowledge and awareness of the past and its consequences on the present.
- Develop a knowledge of British and world geography and understand how physical and human geographical features change over time
- Develop critical thinking around global events
- Develop communication skills in order to express their opinions and challenge others assertively and sensitively.
- Are able to collect, analyse and interpret data on past events.
- Develop practical skills in geography (e.g. map and compass reading).