Physical Education Aims
The PE curriculum at SMBS aims to:
- Inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities.
- Develop an understanding of all aspects of physical and mental wellbeing.
- Get pupils physically active, demonstrating knowledge and understanding through practical and academic study.
- Engage pupils in activities that develop fitness, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance.
- Promote health awareness and the value of adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Instil a sense of good sportsmanship, and encourage recognition of other pupils’ contribution.
- Develop leadership and communication skills, responsibility and self awareness.
- Support pupils to cope with both success and failure in competitive and cooperative activities and build resilience.
- Recognise and follow relevant rules, laws, ethics and the school ethos.
- Develop fine and gross motor skills.