Religious Studies Aims
The RS curriculum at SMBS aims to:
- Inspire curiosity, awe and wonder about the world around us.
- Create a safe space in which students can build and explore their own identities and form a sense of belonging.
- Ensure the whole school celebrates the rich and diverse cultures and beliefs of different religions.
- Equip pupils’ with the skills to make a positive impact in their local and wider communities.
- Illustrate examples of and promote the importance of religious harmony and tolerance in the UK and globally, whilst challenging stereotypes.
- Equip pupils’ with skills that allow them to think critically and independently.
- Encourage students to consider their wider responsibilities and how they can make a positive impact on the community around them.
- Develop pupils’ empathy skills and maintain an environment of open-mindedness, respect and empathy.
- Develop communication skills to enable pupils ensure pupils’ acquire skills that allow them to effectively and respectfully explore and engage with different viewpoints.