The Spanish curriculum at SMBS aims to:
- Instil a love of language learning.
- Use the study Spanish to support students to develop their broader communication skills.
- Develop knowledge and awareness of other languages and cultures.
- Develop students’ awareness of themselves as global citizens.
- Support students to value the knowledge and understanding of other languages and cultures including their own home languages.
- Provide opportunities for students to experience other languages.
- Enable students to communicate in a foreign language for a variety of purposes.
- Expose students to a variety of authentic sources.
- Develop students' knowledge and understanding of grammar through study of Spanish.